You Should Drive a Lamborghini
A true daredevil, you’re always in search of a new rush. Clearly, you’re a total speed demon… just don’t get caught!
See, I’ve been saying it for years – I should drive a Lamborghini. Maybe I should add one to my wishlist? 🙂
thefridayfive: Friday Five for 2006.08.04
- How much time do you spend on the Internet daily?
Too much or not enough, depending on your point of view 🙂
About 3 hours in the evening, and probably 8-10 hours at weekends.
- What are your favourite 3 websites?
BBC News, the official Formula One website and ours! 🙂 OK, Wikipedia.
- Do you eat at your computer?
Not at home, but at work yes.
- Pick one and why – reading the news online or in a newspaper?
Online. I only read the comics section in the Sunday snoozepaper – I try to read the BBC headlines every day and I have the BBC’s Alert Service (which pops up breaking news) installed.
- How many people are on your instant messenger buddy list?
No idea – I rarely start up IM. I use Gaim so I can connect to AIM, ICQ, MSN and Yahoo all at once, but I don’t really use it. Maybe I should?
Yet again I’m behind on the memes that I’ve created. I’ve decided to change Top 10 Tuesday to be Top 2 Tuesday starting this week (i.e. the one I missed a few days ago). Any complaints should be lodged with the management. 🙂
I don’t tend to make New Year’s resolutions, but there are a few things I intend to do; in no particular order, they are:
- get a job!
- keep up with friends, even if it’s only by email once in a while
- catch up with and then keep on top of comments in the blog
- deal with at least the top items on my “techie To Do list”, i.e. upgrading the server to FC4 and fixing up the photo gallery so the old links still work
- lose some weight!
- read more – I got a couple of books for Xmas, so that should help me spend less time in front of the PC 🙂
- go to at least motor racing event this year – it’s been ages since I last went 🙁
- get my PMP designation … which requires that I get a job with a company that will support me (both financially and time-wise)
Yeah, I think that’s enough to be getting on with for now. 🙂
thefridayfive: Friday Five — December 16, 2005:
- What is the oldest object in the room with you?
My bear – he’s almost as old as me!
- What is the newest?
Tiger balm that Kerri picked up yesterday for me – which reminds me, I should post an injuries update.
- What is your favourite object in the room with you?
My server? (All my own handiwork!) Or maybe my steering wheel and pedals, for playing driving games on the PC 🙂
- What is the most valuable object?
Price-wise: my server setup, if you include the monitor and peripherals.
Priceless: the photos are irreplaceable … but so is my bear, and some of my caps / jackets … and the data on the server!
- What is the ugliest object?
Nothing specific, just the general level of clutter/untidiness. Must sort it out (again) some time.
From Adam’s meme:
Four jobs you’ve had:
- projects manager
- quality manager
… Yeah, all pretty dull titles, but some interesting jobs.
Four movies you could watch over and over and over and over:
- South Park / Futurama DVDs … although they probably don’t count
- Leon / The Professional (the UK version – the N.American one’s cut to pieces)
- Kill Bill 1+2
Four places you’ve lived:
- Denmark (only for a few months)
- Errrr, other places in England
Four TV shows you love to watch:
- West Wing
- South Park
- Drawn Together
Four places you’ve been on vacation:
- South Africa
- Lots of bits of Britain
Four websites you visit daily:
- henman.ca 🙂
- BBC News
Four of your favourite foods/drinks:
- Beer: too many to list, but mainly English ales, porters and some lagers (OK, that covers most types!)
- Thai … actually, anything hot+spicy
- Scotch: single malts, especially Islays
Four places you’d rather be right now:
- OK, maybe sitting at the top of a snow-covered mountain
- playing badminton
I didn’t realise there were other Friday Five communities (on LiveJournal) until today – there’s The Friday Five, which is my “regular”, Friday Fiver, which seems to be the successor to FridayFive.org, and The Alternative Friday Five, so today it’s a Friday 5*3 🙂
Today’s Friday Five:
- What do you do for fun?
Blog, play badminton, play Formula One games, watch Formula One, play Halo, chat with friends online or over a pint 🙂
- Is there a person from your past you would like to talk to again, even if it would be a potentially painful conversation?
Lots! I’ve lost touch with lots of friends from university and so on. I’ve thought about creating a web page with everyone’s name on it, in the hope they’d Google themselves, find it and get in touch. Oh, and I don’t think many of them would be painful conversations; at least I hope not.
- What is your favourite comfort food?
I don’t have a comfort food as such.
- What is your preferred form of self-expression? (Do you dance; or express yourself through music, conversation, etc.)
Dance Errrr, no. Blogging – that’s about it. I have zero artistic ability.
- You just received $5000; what do you spend it on?
Right now, I’d put it in the bank and hope I find a job before I eat it all up. 🙁
Today’s Friday Fiver:
- Favorite brand of jeans:
Errr, ones without holes? I honestly couldn’t say what brand(s) I own.
- Magazine you read regularly:
Techie stuff – PM Network, eWeek, Computer World, Network World, Information Security … all sorts of exciting stuff 🙂
- If a button came off your clothing, could you sew it back on?
Could I? Yes. Would I? Probably not, unless it was something I really wanted to keep wearing.
- Have you ever had a curfew?
No, I don’t remember ever having one.
- Most dangerous thing you’ve done:
Oh dear – this is where you discover that I’ve lead a very dull life. 🙂
I’ve never tried or wanted to try jumping out of a plane, or bungie jumping, or anything crazy like that.
I’ve been climbing, canoeing, camping; I’ve driven round a Formula One circuit; but I wouldn’t call any of those things dangerous.
Today’s Alternative Friday Five:
- How many hours do you normally sleep at night?
- Do you wish you had more time to sleep? Or do you wish that you slept less?
Less – it seems a waste of time.
- Do you like sleeping?
Not sleeping itself, but waking up feeling refreshed is good.
- What is the longest continuous period that you have spent awake? Why did you do it?
Three days, at university, trying to get a project finished.
- If you were offered the chance to eliminate sleep from your life, with absolutely no negative physical or psychological side effects, would you take it? Why or why not? What if this chance was only possible for you, and not for any of your friends or family, or society at large?
Absolutely, even if only I could skip sleeping; I could get so much more done!