- Englishman living in Canada
I grew up in Bedfordshire (about 40 miles north of London), went to Lancaster University (in the northwest of England), then moved south again for work.
Since 2001 I’ve been based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada; married to Kerri and “cat dad” to Macallan.
I’ve been involved in Agile* projects since the mid-1990s. The asterisk is because Agile was created in 2001 but many elements of it existed in the 1990s or before.
Read my Agile Coach overview for a brief introduction to what I do, or jump straight to my my résumé/CV and work-related blog over at https://TorontoAgileCoach.ca/
Aside from various geeky projects at home, my main hobbies are photography, watching Formula One racing, and (combining photography and motorsport) I’m part of the Honda Indy Toronto photography team. I’m also a big fan of prog rock, especially Marillion.
The photowalks group I started in 2009 keeps me fairly busy, but I also enjoy playing badminton (although not as often as I should).
As for social media:
- I limit Facebook to keeping in touch with friends; if you know me, you’ll find me 🙂
- My Twitter stream is a mix of things I post on my blogs and snippets I find interesting; I’m just getting started on Mastodon
- My Instagram doesn’t get as much attention as it probably should – most of my photos are on Flickr
- My résumé is on LinkedIn as well as my work-focused site, TorontoAgileCoach.ca