With so many investigations happening during and after yesterday’s race, I’m still not sure what the final result is!
As I wrote at the end of my Race notes, the provisional result was: JB, SV, MW, MS, VP, FM, KK, JA, RB, SB, NR, PdlR, VL, NK, JD, TG, JT, PD … but there are lots of investigations still outstanding, including one involving JB.
So let’s see what’s transpired since then… I can’t find a definitive statement on the official Formula One website, so I’ll have to tackle the FIA’s site. There’s no Stewards’ Report as yet, so I’ll check the :
- Document 38: Jerome D’Ambrosio – Changed from Wet Weather Tyres to Intermediate Tyres prior to Safety Car returning to pits – Drive Through Penalty [which he served around lap 37]
- Document 39: “During the period behind the safety car when resuming the race, car number 25 changed to intermediate tyres.” [which was addressed in Doc 38]
- Document 40: Adrian Sutil – Overtook Car 8 whilst Safety Car deployed – Drive Through Penalty [which he served around lap 46]
- Document 41: Paul Di Resta – Causing a collision with Car 9 – Drive Through Penalty [which he served around lap 51]
- Document 42: “The Stewards received a report from the Race Director which stated that an incident involving Car No: 8 – Nico Rosberg and Car No: 14 – Adrian Sutil took place during the Race.” – “requires no further action.”
- Document 43: Narain Karthikeyan – Gained an advantage after leaving the track at Turn 13/Turn 14 – Drive Through Penalty imposed after the end of the race, therefore 20 seconds added to the elapsed race time.
- Documents 44 & 45 are not on the website
- Document 46: “The Stewards have reviewed the Incident involving Car 3 (L. Hamilton) and Car 4 (J. Button) on their 7th lap of the race.” – “the Stewards decide that this was a “racing incident” and have taken no further action.”
- Document 47: “The Stewards have reviewed video evidence and heard from the drivers and team representatives regarding the incident on Lap 38 at Turn 3 between Car 5 (F. Alonso) and Car 4 (J. Button.)” – “the Stewards decide that this was a “racing incident” and have taken no further action.”
- Document 48: “The Stewards have investigated the actions of the driver of Car 3 (L. Hamilton) after his collision with Car 4 (J. Button) in particular the matter of where he stopped his car.” – “The Stewards therefore decide to take no action on this matter.”
OK, so as of 8am EST it looks like the only impact to the provisional results is NK’s 20sec penalty which bumps him from P14 to P17.
This means the results are: JB, SV, MW, MS, VP, FM, KK, JA, RB, SB, NR, PdlR, VL, JD, TG, JT, NK, PD; DNF: PM, NH, AS, FA, HK, LH.