Last few Formula One new items from 2009:
- Lotus F1 have confirmed Jarno Trulli and Heikki Kovalainen as their drivers for the 2010 Formula 1 season. [source: BBC]
- Renault has confirmed its F1 team will remain in the sport in 2010. It will also continue to supply engines to Red Bull. [f1fanatic]
- Updated 2010 F1 rules include new testing, engine and safety car regulations [f1fanatic]
There are quite a few rule changes (as happens most years) – the notable ones for 2010 are the ban on refuelling and the new 10-place points system (see next news item)
- Think the new F1 points system is weird? We’ve seen much stranger than that… [f1fanatic]
The article list some of the weird and wonderful points systems used in the past; I remember some of the seasons when only the best N results counted, where N changed each year. I’m not entirely sure why they’re changing it (Jenson would still have won last season using this new scoring system) but it beats Bernie’s idea of awarding gold, silver and bronze medals.
- Michael Schumacher signs up for F1 return with Mercedes [BBC]
It’s three years since he retired but I’m sure he’ll still be competitive, especially as he’ll be working with Ross Brawn again.
- New Year honours: Ross Brawn, OBE and Jenson Button, MBE [BBC]
No great surprise there.
Did I miss anything?